Start Date: 11th October (or as soon as possible)
Contract: Part time, term time only, five days a week - 36 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Salary: £28,011 - £29,029 (SO1 23 – 25)
The Governors, in conjunction with Chefs in Schools, are seeking to appoint a Head Chef to lead a successful school kitchen and support the delivery of a whole school Food and Cookery Curriculum.
Applications are invited from practising Catholics and from those who are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of a Catholic school.
This exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and creative individual who will play a vital role in leading the kitchen team in the preparation, cooking, and consistent presentation of all menus. The role will also involve working directly with the pupils to develop their basic cooking knowledge and skills and educate them on the importance of healthy eating.
The successful candidate will need to:
- have a passion for food and healthy eating
- be innovative, highly motivated and have the ability to lead and manage an established team
- be an effective communicator, engaging appropriately with pupils and other members of the staff team
- have the ability to develop seasonal menus, in line with The School Food Plan, that will excite pupils and staff
- have at least 2 years catering and leadership experience
- maintain and promote the safety and wellbeing of all pupils at all
We can offer:
- a happy and high achieving school which is well supported by parents/carers and Governors
- a friendly, highly committed and forward-looking staff team
- a strong commitment to continuous professional development and growth
- the opportunity to work in partnership with Chefs in Schools to help transform school food and food education
- the opportunity to develop and lead on food-based initiatives with the whole school community
- an enriching and affirming career option with a healthy work-life balance
- the facilities of a modern school kitchen and a beautiful learning
Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their families, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th September 2021, 12 noon
Interviews will take place: Week beginning Monday 27th September 2021