An opportunity has arisen for a Learning Mentor to join this outstanding school to support the fantastic work of our children and families.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Self-motivation and a positive role model
- An understanding of barriers to learning and the ability to help overcome these
- An understanding of safeguarding children and families
- Build appropriate relationships with both children and families
- To be able to work as part of a team and independently
- A proven record of working with young people of primary age is desirable
- Ability to engage constructively with young people and families/carers with different ethnic and social backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- A good sense of humour
In return we offer a friendly, professional school with appropriate CPD opportunities.
Brampton Primary School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and suitable references along with other essential checks.
Closing date: 27 September 2021
Interview: week beginning 4 October 2021
Start date: as soon as possible
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact Lynn McCann on 020 472 0830.