Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Hillingdon Council have recently centralised the Brokerage and Direct payment model and function in order to develop and standardise practice across all teams. An integrated service will allow the council to work in a more proactive way with partners across the market, ensuring there is a range of quality provision for service users to access.
About the role
We are recruiting a dedicated Contracts and Systems Manager to work within our Brokerage and Direct Payments service. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of all operational contract monitoring and placement data analysis across Social Care to provide an improved overview of the provider market and increased financial control and support.
The post holder will be responsible for responding to the needs of the business and effective reporting in order that the service is always provided with current and relevant information. A key role for this post holder is to focus on the management of Controcc for Social Care.
The post holder will report directly to the service manager and supervise up to two Provider Support Officers.
You will have a relevant degree or equivalent experience and maths/statistical analysis to A level standard.
You will need to have experience of managing risk and preparing reports and reporting to managers appropriately
You will need to have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft and have experience of Liquid Logic and Protocol.
You will have the ability to influence and promote service improvement to service managers and stakeholders
You will have the ability to performance manage a small team of staff in a changing environment
Experience of responding to the needs of the business effectively is also essential.
To be considered for this position you will need to ensure you meet the criteria set out in the Job Profile and Person Specification below.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.