St. Joachim’s Catholic Primary School
(part of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust)
Shipman Road, Custom House, E16 3DT
Tel: 0207 476 1658
Headteacher: James Allen
Qualified Primary Teacher Required for 1st November 2021
‘This inspirational school is outstanding in every area of its work.’ ~ OFSTED
‘St. Joachim’s is an outstanding school’ situated in a vibrant and changing part of East London, with excellent travel links, close to London City Airport, the Excel Centre and Canary Wharf.
Salary: MPS/UPS Inner London - £33,508 to £55,875 pro rata
Contract type: Part time (3/5 days)
Contract term: 1 year contract
Start date: 1st November 2021
Come and join our team of happy and highly motivated staff and pupils. We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher, who would relish the chance to develop their career.
St. Joachim’s is a caring and friendly Catholic primary school that is on a journey of expansion to 2 forms of entry, and is part of a growing Catholic Academy Trust. We are committed to inclusive education and work as a close knit team to raise standards through a rich and creative curriculum. Have a look at our websites, which provides a good insight into the life of our school and our trust. We welcome applications from all qualified primary teachers who will fully support the Catholic ethos and aims of our school.
We can offer you:
- an outstanding Catholic school with motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- an excellent school ethos with strong links with the parish community
- long standing and committed leadership
- a supportive board of directors and governing body
- supportive parents
- excellent opportunities for personalised CPD
- fantastic career progression opportunities
- a comprehensive professional support network
- personal welfare health package
- easy access by transport and parking available
- modern working facilities
Our successful candidate will:
- be fully committed to our Catholic ethos
- have an enthusiasm for supporting and developing our school and curriculum
- be passionate and ambitious about the education of all children
- have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- enjoy working in a strong team environment
- be flexible to the changing needs of the school and academy
If you wish to visit St Joachim’s, arrangements can be made in line with our COVID- 19 risk assessments. Appointments can be made through the school office (0207 476 1658), please contact the school and ask to speak to Mrs Johnston if you request any additional information regarding the post.
Closing date for application forms is Friday 24th September 2021.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5th October 2021.
Teacher application forms can also be obtained from our school website:
www.st-joachims.newham.sch.uk/jobs or by calling or emailing the school.
Applications can be returned to the school by email: email@example.com referencing in the title Class Teacher. Applications by post or hand are also welcome.
St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.