3 or 4 days a week, term time only with possible addition of 0.5 days to take role of therapy coordinator across CHB.
Central Hub Brighton (Homewood College) is looking for an experienced therapist to work between 3 and 4.5 days, primarily at Homewood College (but also potentially with primary PRU students) working with students aged 5-16. Our students have social, emotional and mental health needs and often have histories of trauma. It is an exciting opportunity to work creatively and in a more long term way with young people in a school setting. Please indicate how many days you are able to work as we have a degree of flexibility around the number of days to be worked.
Paid weeks per year: 45.45 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
You will be part of a team of therapists who work across the sites, supported by them at a fortnightly meeting where we have both reflective practice and pragmatic sessions. Supervision will be discussed further at interview.
This is a unique opportunity to develop clinical skills within an educational environment, offering the chance to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the needs of students. In return, we offer excellent support from colleagues and staff, commitment to CPD including access to internal and external training.
Your daily caseload will vary but we would expect you to:
- see 5-6 clients a day (within timetabled sessions which may not be full therapy hours)
- be responsible for and deliver some group therapy
- take part in staff briefings and meetings
- take part in and deliver staff training
- liaise effectively with staff within the school and other professional colleagues, parents and carers
- be part of the staff team and take part in the daily life of Central Hub Brighton
- be flexible
- write reports on clients seen twice a year and on request
- Significant experience (over 5 years) of working with young people with histories of trauma
- Use of multiple therapy modalities including talk therapy
- Suitable qualifications for the role (at least to degree level)
Additional 0. 5 day role of therapy coordinator (fixed term)
Please indicate if you would also like to apply for this role.
Main outline of duties and person specification:
You will be a qualified therapist who has experience of:
- Delivering therapeutic sessions to children and young people
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of therapy
- Leading groups of people for training
- Organising your time to maximise the impact of interventions
You will be expected to:
- Coordinate the therapists employed by the Therapeutic Intervention Group across The Central Hub (details of this will be supplied on request)
- Report on the impact of the therapeutic interventions to SLT at each provision or as appropriate
- Share your time and expertise equitably across the sites co-ordinating the therapies and ensuring they are fit for purpose
Central Hub Brighton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. Central Hub Brighton is committed to the principles of Equality and carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Inclusive Council Policy.
Closing date: 27th September
Interview date: 30th September
Completed application forms accepted by email to Sarahparks@chb.org.uk
Visits to Homewood College are welcomed by appointment only - please call Sarah Parks on 01273 604472.
Only application forms using the Brighton and Hove City Council form will be accepted, we cannot accept CV’s.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.