Learning Support Assistant - must have at least level 1 BSL
Job starts: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic Teaching Assistant to join our dynamic school team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has at least a level 1 BSL qualification to support our deaf children.
Selwyn is an outstanding Primary School (Ofsted March 2019) in Plaistow, East London. We are the resourced provision for deaf children in Newham and serve a richly diverse community.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Has evidence of being a good / outstanding Teaching Assistant
- High expectations of pupil outcomes, in particular- high expectations of the achievement of children with moderate to complex learning difficulties
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- The ability to create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment where all pupils make good and better progress
- A commitment to own professional development and willing to undertake specialised training
- Experience of working with pupils with a range of special educational needs
- Good communication skills and is able to work within a supportive framework of colleagues and parents
We can offer you:
- Quality first professional development
- Curious children, who love learning
- A supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues
- An energetic and sociable team
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to take an English and maths test as part of the interview process and provide evidence of their BSL qualifications.
We welcome visits from potential candidates. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 02084716173 to speak to:
Head teacher: Helen Mawer or a member of the leadership team: Mike Boxall, Elaine Pyke, Claire Stewart
Further information about our school can be found on our website - Selwyn Primary Website
Closing Date: 24.09.21
Interviews: w/c 27th September 2021
Selwyn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.