Our nurseries are growing and we have excellent professional development opportunities for enthusiastic and committed EYFS practitioners. Little Learners Nursery group is made up of St Saviour’s Nursery (Ofsted grade outstanding) and St Mary’s Nursery (Ofsted grade good). We provide a nurturing and safe environment in which children thrive as they learn. In 2019 we opened ‘Little Learners in Nature’ which is an outdoor provision, based at St Saviour’s, that draws on the principles of forest school. The children spend the day playing and learning outside and have access to ponds, tepees, mud kitchens, hammocks, a fire pit, a stone circle, a willow arch, bug hotels, and a giant den-making zone. They also get to care for our three resident alpacas!
We are currently looking to appoint a Nursery Manager at Little Learners Nursery. We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced learning environment. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team. If you are an excellent Nursery Practitioner looking for an exciting opportunity to help the nurseries to grow and develop please do get in touch
You will be responsible for:
- creating a safe, caring and stimulating environment that promotes learning through play
- supervising activity planning to make sure that children's needs are met
- working closely with parents and/or carers, giving them a high standard of customer service, including regular progress reports
- working with colleagues and other professionals to make sure that children’s needs are met
- making sure that equipment, such as furniture and toys, is in good condition.
- recruiting and inducting suitably qualified and experienced staff with support from EYFS Manager
- supporting and developing the nursery team
- managing a budget with support from the nursery Principal
- arranging marketing and publicity materials with support from the Nursery Principal
- creating management reports, and maintaining staff and child records
- running the centre in line with environmental, health and safety and fire regulations keeping in line with the new EYFS statutory framework.
Do you have:
- At least a Level 3 government recognised EYFS qualification
- GCSE’s in Maths and English Grade A-C
- A good level of applied literacy and numeracy skills
- 3 years’ Experience of working in a management capacity in a group day care setting for children aged 0-5 years
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and experience of inspections
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Thorough with strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Resilience, i.e. maturity, ability to cope with pressure and difficult people
- Self-confidence with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to acquire new skills and undertake further training when necessary
- An enjoyment of working collaboratively as a member of a team
We can offer:
- £250 joining bonus for staff who successfully complete their probationary period
- Competitive Salary
- Close links with the church and local community
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- Excellent career development
- Bespoke training programmes
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
An application pack can be accessed via the advert.
All completed application forms should be returned to Alison Brown
Address: St Saviour, 33 Veralum Avenue, E17 8ER
Telephone: 0208 520 0612