Required for January 2022 (or sooner if possible)
Avenue Primary School is a large and vibrant community school with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality pastoral care. We are a school where every child is valued and supported to achieve their best.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified Pastoral Manager committed to working in a multicultural environment and with pupils and staff from diverse backgrounds and abilities. Our Pastoral Manager will value education and the role it plays in supporting pupils to behave consistently well and demonstrate positive attitudes to their learning.
The successful applicant will:
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent), including at least a C grade in English and Maths at GCSE
- Have a proven track record in supporting children’s holistic development in an educational environment
- Have a proven track record in communicating and working with parents and carers in supporting their children
- Possess the ability to work flexibly and on their own initiative
- Have the ability to work within a variety of teams as well as be able to lead, support and inspire their own team members
- Have experience related to mental health and well-being, health and child protection as well as working with multi agencies putting the child at the centre
- Have the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion of sensitive matters
- Demonstrate knowledge of Child Protection legislation and Safeguarding practices
- Have the ability to work independently in challenging circumstances both inside school and in the community
- Be proficient in IT with particular skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google and have the ability to produce a range of professional documents
- Be willing to participate in further training and development opportunities offered by the school
- Demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities, awareness of diversity issues and working in a positive and non-discriminatory way
If interested in the role - we offer:
- A positive atmosphere for learning with embedded learning values
- Motivated, friendly children with high standards of behaviour
- An ethos of commitment to raising academic standards
- An embedded holistic approach to our curriculum including personal development
- Systems, structures and procedures in place to work within and improve
- Parents and carers who work in partnership with the school
- A supportive Governing Board
- Exciting opportunities for professional development
Access to own transport is desirable.
Visits to the school are encouraged and are conducted in line with Schools’s Covid secure restrictions. If you wish to visit -please contact the Headteacher's PA on 020 8553 5682
Please apply online by visiting www.jobsgopublic.com and submitting an application form.
Closing date: 20th September 2021
Interviews: 29th September 2021
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.