24 months contract.
We are looking to recruit 5 x full-time enthusiastic apprentices that must be willing to work pro-actively as part of our Revenues & Benefits service .
This is an exciting opportunity to embark on a challenging and rewarding career in a constantly changing environment. We are looking for 5 x full time, enthusiastic, energetic apprentices to work within the Revenues & Benefits service.
Successful candidates will be provided with thorough training which will help them acquire the skills and knowledge to enable them to successfully fill posts within a revenues and benefit environment. At the conclusion of the training successful candidate will be able to assist the Council in performing functions such as:
- Billing, collection and enforcement of Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates.
- Assessment and administration Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and discretionary awards.
- Collection and recovery of Housing Benefit overpayment and other sundry debts.
- Inspection of residential and commercial premises.
- Liaison and communication with residents and other stakeholders.
- Answering enquiries from customers in writing, on the telephone and in person.
- Supporting colleagues throughout the Council to enable them to work efficiently.
- Assisting officers attending Magistrates Court, County Court and Tribunals.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a basic understanding of the importance of the services provided by local authority including the ways in which these services are funded.
- Possess the ability to read and understand complex legislation and written procedures and policies which will be evidenced in part by a minimum of 5 Grade A-C /5-9 GCSE.
- Have a qualification in maths and English at Grade A-C / 5-9 GCSE
- Be able to organise and prioritise a challenging and varied workload and know when to approach colleagues for assistance.