Head of School
Required for: September 2021
Salary: Leadership (inner London) L12-L16
Post: Full time
DBS check: Enhanced
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a Head of School to lead Kenmont Primary School. The successful candidate will work in partnership with our Executive Head teacher as well as senior leaders within our partnership schools of Brackenbury Primary School and Wendell Park Primary School.
Kenmont is a one-form entry nursery and primary school located in the College Park area within the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. It is very popular with local families, who value the benefits that a small school offers including a close community, committed staff and an ethos that values each child. We are dedicated to providing an inspiring and engaging curriculum.
Our school is a community school maintained by Hammersmith and Fulham Local Authority. The school is situated in the North West of the Borough and many of our pupils come from the neighbouring Borough of Brent.
The Partnership - Brackenbury, Kenmont and Wendell Park Primary School Partnership
Since September 2014, Kenmont and Wendell Park Primary schools have operated with an Executive Head teacher. In September 2021, the partnership expanded with Brackenbury Primary School joining. The partnership is led by Executive Head teacher, Dave Collins.
We aspire for our schools to be the number one choice for their local community, because they provide a broad, engaging and fun education.
The shared aims of our partnership are: to support the wellbeing of pupils and families, to ensure pupils achieve the very highest outcomes, to assist all organisations to perform more effectively, to strengthen accountability within both schools, and to empower the leaders of both schools.
Working closely together with the Executive Head teacher over the last seven years, the schools have benefitted from: a distributed leadership model, strong subject leadership, a rigorous cycle of innovation and staff development, and a community committed to our shared values.
Following the promotion of the exiting post holder to a headship role within another borough. The Governors of Kenmont Primary School are looking for a new Head of School to work alongside the Executive Head teacher in leading the school.
This excellent opportunity will allow an experienced and inspirational leader to drive and take forward the continuing developments of Kenmont Primary School, and improve the life chances of children across the school.
If you are looking to work at the heart a culturally diverse communities, strengthening teaching and learning and further inspiring our staff team as they seek to provide the best for our children, then we would encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- An exceptional leader who has successfully held a leadership position within a diverse school.
- An experienced and collaborative team player, eager to continue to grow.
- An outward-looking and open-minded person who embraces new opportunities.
- Committed to accelerating the learning of all children.
- Able to build upon the high quality of teaching and learning across the school.
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to an ethos of respect and inclusion.
- Able to ensure the success of our partnership by helping us to achieve more together than each school could individually.
What you will get in return:
- The opportunity to develop your career with opportunities for further training and support for your wellbeing.
- The chance to lead the school as we continue to develop and grow our partnership.
- Motivated and happy children who are proud of their school.
- A supportive network of senior leaders across our two other partnership schools.
- Experienced and hard-working governors.
- Strong links with our local communities.
- Leadership Salary range L12-16 (Inner London weighting)
- Good transport links: Kenmont is six minutes walk from Willesden Junction Station and ten minutes walk from Kensal Green station.
- Location: the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is a fabulously diverse and engaging location with a rich cultural offer.
Start date: 1 January 2022
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 (noon)
Interview date: W/C 4 October 2021