We are looking to appoint an Individual Needs Assistant who has experience (at least a year) of working 1:1 with children who have social and emotional needs (SEMH). A job share may be considered for the right candidate.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2021
About the role
Patcham Junior school is a popular three-form entry primary school in Brighton. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about working with pupils with special educational needs
- Able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Well organised and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Patient, kind and caring with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team.
- Opportunities for training and further development.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 3rd September
Interview date: Tuesday 7th September
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Ladies Mile Road, Patcham, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 8TA, email: Office@patchamjun.brighton-hove.sch.uk
School Office: 01273 087513
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.