Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Star Date: Wednesday 1st September 2021 (or as soon as possible due to resignation notice period)
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1,500 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2019 was +0.70 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative Wellbeing Mentor to join our team. Our school is a happy community where we seek to help every young woman. You will play an important part in providing opportunities for personal and academic growth and contributing to raising standards of wellbeing and the attainment of a targeted group of students.
The successful candidate will work with a range of students with as part of our Wellbeing Team. Relevant experience of working with young people is essential and you will be able to demonstrate expertise and skills from your previous employment history. You will need to be adaptable and willing to learn new skills as well as developing existing ones.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results.
- An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to learning as our girls.
- A professional environment that is focused on maintaining staff wellbeing.
You will need:
- Excellent knowledge and skills to support this crucial area of the school’s work.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive girl’s education.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
We want to reassure applicants that effective measures will be implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing are protected during the recruitment process.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 09.00 Monday 2nd August 2021.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9th August 2021.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.