We have a fantastic opportunity for a Property Accounts Manager to join our team in Waterloo. This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home-based. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £52,000 per annum.
About the Property Accounts Manager role:
This role will be responsible for joint management of the Property Accounts Team in setting all rent and service charges across the entire portfolio of customers ranging from general needs to supported housing to market rents/intermediate market rents and leasehold/freehold housing. The units themselves comprise a number of sites and site types ranging from Victorian street properties to single and multiple block estates.
Responsibilities of our Property Accounts Manager:
- Effectively and proactively leading, managing, motivating and developing the team ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement
- Leading, promoting and driving a high quality, customer-focused service that ensures accessibility for all, addressing customer complaints concerning rent and/or service charges
- Determining the most efficient and effective way to manage the Rent and Service Charge Team resources, delivering targets by designing and ensuring that assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Setting, forecasting and monitoring budgets for customer accounts, both direct and delegated, ensuring that they meet all financial, legislative and budgetary responsibilities. This includes maintaining and reconciliation of sinking funds
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all relevant housing legislation and political reforms
- Leading all periodic rent reviews and securing rent registrations in compliance with legislation and within Government guidelines and appropriate consultation periods
- Establishing and delivering a clear plan to ensure that all rents and service charges are reviewed within an agreed time and making recommendations on recovery plans where expenditure and income vary
- Ensuring and managing the accurate preparation of the annual Statement of Accounts for all variable service charge payers ready for external audit and for distribution to customers within six months of financial year-end.
- Ensuring all systems are operated to the required standard and maintained providing up to date accurate and secure records adhering to GDPR
- Producing analysis, reports and guidance documents on significant issues including performance matters and key business risks, recommending appropriate mechanisms of control
As our Property Accounts Manager, we are looking for:
- Degree educated with at least 10 years work experience managing a team in a rent and service charge environment
- Part qualified preferred, as a minimum educated to AAT level accounting standards
- Proven track record and thorough understanding of the technical and policy issues and implications arising from managing rent and service charges in a complex business
- Strong understanding of the housing regulatory framework for landlords with a particular focus on knowledge around the Rent Standard as well as an up to date knowledge of regulations (Landlord and Tenant Act 1985) and best practice around fixed and variable service charges
- Experience of delivering a Team Work Plan so that all activity is completed to agreed quality and timescales using SMART performance indicators
Closing date: Sunday 25th July 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Property Accounts Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST