Croydon Council has a vacancy within its Commissioning and Procurement team supporting the Integrated Children’s Families and Education Commissioning Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced commissioning and procurement professional, or exceptional all-rounder who is willing to learn, wishing to contribute towards improving outcomes for Children and Families in Croydon.
We are looking to recruit an individual to join our high performing team of strategy and commissioning specialists to support the delivery of an ambitious programme of commissioning and procurement activity across Children, Families and Education services (including children’s social care, early intervention and family support, health funded services and education and learning).
Key aspects of the role include
- Identifying and delivering innovative procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organisation.
- Supporting with the identification and development of opportunities for joint and integrated commissioning activity, providing support and challenge to category managers and commissioners.
- Delivering strategic commissioning and procurement plans for Children, Families and Education Integrated Commissioning team within the Resources Department, ensuring improved service delivery, contract compliance and sustainable cost improvements and a range of associated benefits to the Council.
- Providing strategic market intelligence and understanding into the commissioning process including the identification of service models and supporting with commissioning and transformation projects.
- Providing effective and visible leadership to projects, demonstrating the council’s Values, sound resource management and commitment to good governance.
- Leading on the tendering administration process for all contracts commissioned within the Integrated Children’s, Young People and Families Commissioning team , including supporting Commissioners and Category Managers in the selection of providers and partners.
For further information on the role or the service, or an informal conversation about the post, please contact Roneeta Campbell-Butler email@example.com or 07547662054
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment