Are you interested in supporting and caring for people with Dementia?
If so come and join our team here at Ireland Lodge
We are looking for a Night Senior Care Officer to work on a rota basis.
We are looking for someone to lead and manage our team of committed, friendly night staff in providing a high quality comprehensive function providing person centred support ensuring that service users receive an effective, appropriate service that enables them to achieve and maintain independence, dignity and choice as well as providing leadership for the development of a quality service that meets CQC regulations. The successful candidate will be expected to work one shift during the day.
Ireland Lodge is regulated by CQC and is situated in a residential area and has free parking facilities if you choose to work here.
About the role
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to induct new staff as well as supervising, motivating and develop teams
- Positive approach and attitude towards change management and development of future services
- Enjoys working in a busy service
- Contributes to a service that ensures that service users receive a high quality service which is respectful, provides choice, empowers individuals, maximises their independence and maintains self-worth.
- Able to prioritise a busy workload
- To work flexibly to ensure that the needs of the service are met
We can offer you:
- A higher rate of pay than the average rate, including enhancements for night working
- A career average pension scheme
- A generous holiday up to 25 days per year (pro rata)
- Training and a full induction into the role
- Regular supervision meetings
- A range of other staff benefits
For an informal discussion, please contact Tina Johns, Operations Manager or Suzanne Newmeir, Assistant Operations Manager on 01273 296120
We highly recommend you read the ‘Maximise your Chances’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.