Fixed term appointment for 1 year
The London School of Economics is a cosmopolitan university situated in the vibrant centre of London that specialises in the study of social sciences.
LSE’s Data and Technology Services division provides services to over 10,000 staff and student users.
The Technical Project Manager will manage concurrent project delivery across a number of work packages, including but not limited to updating key centralised structured datastores and the modernisation of a number of applications.
LSE is a campus based university and staff are expected to attend the London campus in fulfilling their role. We are adopting an agile working model and the duties of this role are such that we can offer flexible working patterns. We therefore encourage applications from all parts of the UK with periodic travel to the London campus for this role.
- Produce and maintain accurate project plans and work schedules based on requirements to enable the overall delivery of project outputs.
- Be comfortable with a Waterfall or Agile project methodology approach.
- Have substantial Project Management experience delivering technical solutions.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the technical project management lifecycle from project inception through to transition to live and an operational handover.
- Be expected to monitor delivery at all stages and to be able to effectively highlight risks and issues.
- Be able to provide technical project management on projects /work packages, using matrix management across internal teams from the LSE, though the project team size will vary throughout the project these are major projects and you will be expected to be comfortable managing across function and overall team sizes in excess of 30 people.
- Be able to communicate project planning and progress detail, based upon independent analysis of project progress, with internal (including but not limited to Project Board, including the Senior Responsible Owner and all project stakeholders) and external stakeholders in a manner appropriate to the audience.
You will have:
- Substantial Project Management experience delivering technical solutions.
- Substantial experience of running projects using PRINCE2 and Agile Project methodologies.
- Knowledge of development of IT applications.
- Experience of managing project teams.
- Ability to proactively identify and manage issues with project delivery.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post, please go to our website.
Closing date: 25 July 2021 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.
LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university