Service Charge Analyst
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
The One Housing Customer Services teams are friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not- for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Customer Service team as a Service Charge Analyst
Our Customer Services teams play a central role in achieving our vision. Our teams include our Customer Contact Centre and specialist teams like income collection, rent and service charges and resident management. Often acting as a first-point of contact for our customers we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us as a Service Charge Analyst. This role will be based in Camden. However, this role is currently home based and flexible working will be put into place going forward. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accurate calculation, construction and issue of all service charges, including both annual revenue charges and major works charges for properties in the One Housing portfolio management, working with other departments to achieve this.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation and issue of all rents in the One Housing portfolio working as required with other departments to achieve this.
- Responsible for the makeup of service charge and rent setting.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of invoices.
- Responsible for actualising end of year accounts. Both Financial and calendar year.
- Responsible for dealing with customers directly, responding to customer enquiries via phone email and email.
- To advise understand lease terms, statutory measures and One Housing policies relevant to the shared ownership and leasehold properties and its charges.
- To ensure efficient and effective collection of service charges for all properties by ensuring the accuracy of charges and assisting in the resolution of disputes and queries, including First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) work and attendance.
- To maximise income to the service and organisation by maximising levels of cost capture when calculating service charges.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in dealing with service charge and rent setting.
- Experience and knowledge in legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of property management and experience of calculating and issuing property charges, including services and rents.
- Extensive knowledge of leases, tenancies, legislation and case law in relation to service charges and rents.
- Very good IT skills generally and specifically in relation to Excel.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £30-35,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Customer Services team.