We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly, and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as Waiting Staff
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as Waiting Staff is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Waiting Staff in Baycroft, Great Baddow.
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Working hours: 30 or 24 hour contracts available- 2 week rolling rota including every other weekend. Shifts will be between the hours of 07:30-19:00. You will be required to work 4 days per week.
- You will prepare beverage trolleys, serving beverages and snacks to residents in line with operational standards.
- You will prepare and deliver meal trays to residents, relatives and guests.
- You will be aware of resident dietary needs by using the dietary needs chart.
- You will ensure dining areas are clean, tidy and attractively presented.
- You will welcome residents and serve them in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- You will communicate customer feedback to management in a timely manner.
- You will ensure that all controls and procedures are maintained to meet all hygiene legislation.
- You will ensure that standards of cleanliness are maintained and followed at all times.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have previous experience in a busy bar, restaurant, café or pub
- Ideally have experience in the care industry and knowledge of special dietary requirements
- You will have Infection control and COSHH training (desirable)
- You will have level 2 food hygiene certificate (desirable)
- Have a genuine caring nature
- Have knowledge of health and safety in a catering environment
Salary: £9.50/ hour
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave (pro rata’d for part-time employee’s)
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.