Meridian Water Team
This is a very exciting time to join Enfield Council.
Our flagship regeneration programme is Meridian Water, the £7 billion regeneration of an 85- hectare site; our delivery approach is without precedent – the Council has taken control and will act as Master Developer for the site to develop 10,000 homes and 6000 jobs.
Our new station opened in 2019, the first phase of development for over 950 homes is now on-site and a planning application for the next 2,300 homes has been approved.
We require a capable and dynamic, Development Manager to join the Delivery Team in Meridian Water. The successful candidate will be responsible for clienting large and complex residential led mixed-use phased development schemes, within the Meridian Water programme all within agreed parameters in alignment with Council’s expectation and needs. This will include all aspects of financial, quality and time performance. You will be a key part of the Meridian Water team working closely with internal colleagues and external project teams.
You will bring market knowledge and a desire to apply this within a client-side organisation on a fantastic regeneration project. It is expected that you will have held similar positions with either private developers or in the public sector.
Prospects for the successful candidate are exciting – it’s a key period of growth for the programme with many years of diverse work ahead. There is potential for the successful candidate to contribute across multiple areas in the programme and the wider council.
The delivery of Meridian Water demonstrates Enfield’s ambitions as a local authority. For us, Meridian Water is about delivering our passion for successful communities with high quality housing and jobs to make sure that we create places that enable our communities to prosper.
If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and believe that you have the vision, skillset and experience that we are looking for then we would be very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59pm Monday 21st June 2021
Interview Dates: on a date to be confirmed
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Nick Fletcher 0208 132 1471 for an informal discussion