Our client have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Wellbeing Project Officer to join their team. You will join them on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,071 - £35,000 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Their plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once their office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office Thamesmead and part home based.
About the Health & Wellbeing Project Officer role:
Our client are more than a housing provider; they were established in 1862 with the vision from their founder to, ameliorate the conditions of the poor and needy of this great metropolis and to promote their comfort and happiness.
As the Health and Well Being Project Officer you will be pivotal in working in partnership with a range of organisations to deliver wellbeing and sports development projects to improve health outcomes for local residents.
Responsibilities of a Health & Wellbeing Project Officer:
- Play a central role in the implementation of PCF approach to supporting improved health & wellbeing across Greenwich and Bexley
- Contribute to ensuring strategy addresses the priorities of their residents and for them to be involved in decision making at all levels
- Support the development of our relevant relationships with strategic and operational partners within the local authority, health services, schools & the private & voluntary sector to maximise their contribution to programmes and the services and opportunities available to local residents
- Contribute to the development of sustainable funding models for the long-term, proactively seeking out funding opportunities and responding to them.
- Working with the central Communications team as needed, ensure Community, Health & Wellbeing programmes & services are effectively promoted to residents and the wider community
- Work with other area-based initiatives, sharing, learning and contributing
- Appropriately safeguard any child, young person or family or community members who are identified to be at risk and ensure best practice is applied
- Co-ordinate research with residents and stakeholders to identify their priorities and perceptions
- Report on progress towards the development of area plans, producing and maintaining project plans, action plans and reports for a variety of audiences
- Work with partners to implement the delivery of the Active Well Thamesmead plan and Oversee the delivery of related programmes including social prescribing
- Co-ordinate activity with Back to Nature initiatives, particularly around activating green and blue spaces and food growing
- Manage externally funded contracts, ensuring all delivery targets are met and reporting is completed to deadline
What they are looking for as their Health & Wellbeing Project Officer:
- A track record of developing and maintaining partnerships within the public, private and voluntary sectors
- Experience of developing new projects and excellent project management skills
- Experience of demonstrating the impact of projects/services and meeting the demands of funders/evaluators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with both residents and professionals
- Ability to effectively monitor and report on related income and expenditure
- A track record of successful fundraising
- IT literate with the understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office effectively
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand, analyse and contextualise a range of data, performance metrics and outcomes to reach conclusions and judgements.
Closing date: Thursday 24th June 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our client's Health & Wellbeing Project Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
They encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. They actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on their teams. They are committed to equality and diversity within their workforce and all opportunities provided.
NO AGENCY INTEREST