End User Computing Engineer
Permanent, full time
SC6 (£27, 978- £30, 048)
This team works directly with the Council staff and Councillors to support their laptops, tablets, Desktops, and peripherals.
This role will give you the opportunity to join the team who manage a high turnover of end user faults resolving Approx. 500 incident faults per month and approximately 350 request tasks for new starters, application deployment, and IT setup. This role involves preparing, building and deploying laptops, tablets, desktops and supporting users across all Enfield council sites & Libraries, whilst also supporting delivery of office moves in partnership with Build the Change & Facilities Management.
The role will also involve early engagement of new services, applications and devices from transformation and project as they follow a hand over into support to become an operational support service deliverable.
Within the EUC Level 2 role you will be responsible for delivering day to day operational service delivery of End user reported incidents and fulfilment of service requests both remote and deskside - without the guidance and/or supervision of a more senior member of staff. reporting to the End User Computing Manager. Working as part of a team, in coordination with other functions to handle both IT and business-related queries. Troubleshooting, Supporting and monitoring, tracking and coordination of requests, office moves, VIP support service, improvements and issues, with planned training in preparation for service handover to support.
Summary of Essential knowledge
- Experience (at least 6 months) of delivering service support within an IT technical/systems support team.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Windows O/S, working with - Active Directory, SCCM, Call logging systems.
- Driving license essential to enable support across the Borough, including safe and secure transportation of Hardware.
Desired basic knowledge
- Intune, iOS, Android
- ITIL Foundation
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight, 24th June 2021
Interview date: TBC
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Toni Green on 0207 380 0240 Toni.Green@enfield.gov.ukfor an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal-Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org . A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.