Mile Oak Primary School has an exciting new opportunity. We are looking to appoint an innovative, driven and community focused Family Liaison Worker. The successful candidate will support the school in multi-agency working to improve the welfare and outcomes of pupils and families who are facing multiple challenges.
Relevant experience of working with young people and their families is essential and you will be able to demonstrate expertise and skills from your previous employment history.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 483 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child thrives and succeeds.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. We would want the successful candidate to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Monday to Friday
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: 2nd September 2021
About the role
What we are looking for:
- A practitioner who, through positive and assertive engagement, will support multi-agency working to improve outcomes for families
- A person with excellent communication skills with the ability to listen, empathise, challenge and provide support to meet the needs of different families
- An individual to work with families, alongside allocated key workers, school staff and other professionals to improve school attendance
- An individual who can action plan to address areas of development for pupils and their families and regularly review progress against agreed measures and targets
- An ability to participate in and/or lead Early Help/ TAF (Team Around the Family) processes. This will include; undertaking family assessments, agreeing a change plan based on need and agreed outcomes, reviewing the plan regularly and taking on overall case responsibility for designated families and individuals.
- A person to support the work of the safeguarding team
We can offer you:
- A clear vision for our school
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities, including further training if necessary
- A hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team who are committed that at Mile Oak we ‘think big’
- A positive, well-resourced school environment
- Enthusiastic children with a desire to learn
- The chance to impact on inclusion and to drive school improvement
- To be part of our SEMH team
At this time, visits to the school are not possible but if you wish to have a telephone conversation or zoom meeting with the leadership team about the role and the school, please contact the School Business Manager via the email address email@example.com to arrange this.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 25th June
Interview date: Week commencing 28th June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 294880
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.