Scargill Junior School
Part of Hornchurch Academy Trust
Mungo Park Road
Tel: 01708 555677
SEN Midday Supervisor
Hours: 7.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 2 points 3-4
Salary: Pro Rata Actual Salary: £3,729 - £3,797 p.a. (based on £21,408 - £21,795 full time equivalent)
Contract: Fixed Term - linked to individual SEN child
To Start: September 2021
A Midday Supervisor is one of a team of school staff who are responsible for pupil supervision during the midday break. The post holder will be supervising a child with SEN needs on a one-to-one basis.
During the midday break the Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- the transition of the pupil from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime
- supervising and supporting the pupil whilst they eat and throughout the duration of the lunch time
- promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships
- work closely with the SEN team as appropriate to meet the needs of the pupil.
Ofsted judged our school to be GOOD (2019)
We can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- continuing professional development as a high priority
- supportive staff
- supportive parents and governors who contribute to establishing a positive and happy learning environment.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school for an appointment.
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 25th June 2021
Interviews will be held week beginning 28th June 2021.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Hornchurch Academy Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interviews may be via video conferencing if appropriate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Hornchurch Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.