The vision of the Diocese of Chichester is to help people within the Diocese to know, love and follow Jesus. Based at the Diocesan Office at Church House, Hove, we serve the people of the Diocese across more than 360 parishes, more than 150 church schools and the wider community as a whole.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Trevor Cristin, Director of Education at the Diocese of Chichester. Telephone 01273 425 687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications must be received by midnight on Monday 5th July 2021. Interviews will be held on 16th July 2021.
About the role
We wish to appoint a skilled Governor Development and Admissions Officer who will be responsible for providing support and advice around school governance and overseeing the admissions code of practice and issues related to compliance in all Church of England Schools across the Diocese.
It is a challenging but interesting role - no two days are the same.
Your key duties will include:
• developing, implementing, and delivering a programme of training and support for church school governors
• advising school governing bodies and headteachers
• managing the Foundation Governor recruitment and appointment process
• in partnership with Local Authorities, supporting governors in handling complaints and disciplinary issues in accordance with current legislation and policies
• working with the Senior Leadership team to address leadership and management issues in schools with the purpose of raising standards and improving outcomes for children
• overseeing and supporting of the admissions process for church schools, in liaison with the Local Authority and Department for Education.
The successful candidate will need a wide range of skills including:
• the ability to deliver training to Governors and Headteachers
• the capacity to own an up-to-date knowledge of current Government policy regarding school governance and school admissions in Church of England schools
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to establish effective working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including governors, headteachers and local government officers
The post holder is required to support the ethos, aims and objectives of the Diocese and the Church of England and will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
The role is based in Hove, and we offer additional benefits such as free parking, a range of staff development activities and the Diocesan Pension Scheme with 15.1% employer contribution.
All applications should be made through Pathways https://pathways.churchofengland.org/job/pathways/2456/governor-development-and-admissions-officer