Salary: Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale
Required: July/September 2021
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
St Matthew Academy, Secondary Phase
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of Religious Education to join our Academy and excellent RE department. This post is particularly suitable for a newly qualified teacher who would be joining a strong performing department with opportunities for mentoring and coaching from highly rated classroom practitioners.
Do you aspire to be a talented, dynamic and ambitious teacher?
Do you have a real passion and desire to enthuse pupils with a love of your subject?
Are you interested in fostering independent and collaborative pupil-led learning?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects. Outcomes for all pupils across all subjects at KS4 have been ‘well above average’ for a number of years with strong progress for all pupils in GCSE Religious Education.
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
• An enthusiastic and successful teacher
• Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for Newly Qualified Teachers and a July 1st start date for NQTs
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply:
Your application is a direct permanent application to St Matthew Academy.
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing date: ASAP
For more information about the Academy you can also visit www.stmatthewacademy.co.uk and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad
*Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role. The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found.