Security Charging Manager - fixed term contract for 6 months
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Finance team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers and stakeholders.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Finance team as a Security Charging Manager on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Our Finance team play an important role in helping us to achieve our vision by supporting colleagues across the organisation to achieve the best value for money, pay for goods and services and understand complex financial information.
Our finance specialists work across a number of teams including Corporate Finance, Financial Management and Procurement. Working collaboratively with colleagues we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Security Charging Manager. This role will be based in Camden. However, at the moment this role is home based, and flexible working will be put into place. This is a fixed term contract for 6 months with a chance of extension. Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a subject matter expert within the security area and provide advice and guidance to the business as required.
- Identify suitable properties to be used as security and preparing property information for security charging.
- Project manage the charging exercises for the association, collating the information required by solicitors for the completion of Certificates of Title, resolving restrictions and other issues.
- Working with external parties for the purposes of investigating information required for charging purposes.
- Working closely with internal teams (such as Property Services and Development) to obtain confirmation, information and documentation required for charging purposes.
- Lead and organise where necessary feedback, assessment and rating of S106 documentation for existing and proposed schemes.
- Manage AssetCore to capture asset related information and documents.
- Ensuring all charging exercises are clearly documented with the applicable documents and confirmations.
- Manage the Security Charging Treasury Analyst.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Strong understanding and experience of all aspects of security charging.
- An understanding of the conveyancing and development process and key lender requirements.
- Able to read effectively, understand and interpret lease agreements, legal charges and related statutory regulation and legislation.
- Strong Excel skills with ability to build and maintain complex databases.
- A background in law, housing, finance or treasury is desirable.
- Comfortable with managing multiple, high priority projects successfully.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £40-55,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Finance team.