We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Maintenance team is skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service. we deliver to our residents, aiming to provide a fix first time, every time.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Maintenance team as an Electrician
The One Housing Maintenance team keeps our customers’ homes safe and secure. Our expertise is a given and our customer focus and approachability make this a maintenance role like no other.
We understand how important a well-maintained, safe, and secure home is for peoples’ well-being.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Electrician within and across London. Your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7671 18th Edition
- Test and certificate work single phase and three electrical work carried out in accordance with current IET Wiring Regulations this includes installation works as required
- To be able to correctly carry out an EICR and record observations and coding of departures
- Ensure Health & Safety working practices which are essential to ensure the safety of both tenants and operatives, are always implemented.
- Be responsible for safeguarding test instruments and other equipment issued.
- Safeguard, maintain, replenish and keep records of electrical materials issued for van stock.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will:
- Hold a full driving licence
- have 3 years’ experience after qualifying
- Be a personable character and trustworthy
The following qualifications or equivalent qualifications are essential
- City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 / 2330 Level 2 & 3, .AM2 & NVQ level 3.
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2392/2394 & 2395 (or to show competence in Inspection & Testing).
- City & Guilds 2382 18th
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £34-37,000 and a Van and fuel card are provided
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Maintenance team.