At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Housing Assistant, your ability to lead on rehousing enquiries and be the first point of contact for residents calling into the Housing & Communities department could have a real impact on people’s lives. Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team. As a Housing Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Housing & Communities team by providing Housing Officers and ASB Officers assistance with a range of functions to ensure a high quality, customer focused and responsive service for Lewisham Homes residents. If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable service when responding to all enquiries, and strive to resolve these at the first point of contact.
- Deal with phone enquiries into the department in a pro-active and customer focused way.
- Process all rehousing and transfer requests, on the Lewisham Council Housing Register and all associated systems and schemes including Housing Moves, Home Finder UK and Home Swapper.
- Assist Housing Officers and ASB Officers with tasks around tenancy management and ASB.
- Process Change of occupants and Change of name applications.
- Keep records and complete administration tasks for the department.
- Assist and support our vulnerable residents accessing Lewisham Homes services when they cannot participate online, such as bidding and online submissions for tenancy changes.
- Support the Customer Service Team by providing cover for reception and telephone duties, as and when required.
Laurence House, Catford Road, SE6 4RU
Salary details and further information
£24,279 - £25,614