Social Workers – Social Work with Families
Grade 11-12 (£38,883 - £43,860 pa based on 36 hours per week)
Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of children?
We expect children and families in Croydon to receive outstanding services from our social work staff. We want our staff to have high expectations and high challenge of their practice and each other.
We are seeking Social Workers ‘To be The Change’ to join us to strengthen our service of putting children at the centre of everything we do.
Social Work with Families brings together services for children subject to child protection plans, children in need and Children Looked After who may be in the Public Law Outline process or in Court proceedings. Working in a Locality service, with your Team Manager and colleagues you will be using your skills and knowledge to create the best possible outcomes for children and families in Croydon.
The London Borough of Croydon is a thriving cultural hub. It’s a truly unique place to practice social work – Croydon is one of the fastest growing populations in the UK and is home to 94,000 children.
It’s an exciting time to be joining us; our destination is embedding systemic practice and the investment that we have received is enabling Social Work with Families to have a manageable caseload, business support integrated in our structure and Practitioners supporting child in need direct work.
For you, this investment means you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career as well as make your mark by helping to shape the way we support children and families.
We are looking for confident social workers, so if you are:
- Social Work Qualified
- Social Work England registered and have completed your ASYE
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions
- Skilled in managing complex cases and competent in presenting cases in court with demonstrable professionalism and empathy - Join our service
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence – making effective assessments, implementing plans, delivering interventions and undertaking court work.
Our offer to you – a salary ranging from £38,883 – £43,860pa depending on your experience.
Our benefits also include:
- Welcome payment of £4k (NB following successful completion of your six month probation period)
- Parking permit for Wandle Road Council Car Park
- 31 days’ annual leave
- Development opportunities including undertaking Practice Educator training
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practice
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
- Graded Care Profile2 tool training through our Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Twice a year Early Help & Children’s Social Care Conferences
- Staff reference group
- Discounted vouchers via Croydon Options.
- Regular reflective supervision
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Childrens DBS check.