We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as a Sous Chef
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as a Sous Chef is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding.
As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We are looking for a skilled, collaborative and reliable Sous Chef to join our outstanding catering team. The Sous Chef will be essential to upholding Baycroft dining standards that we are providing in our homes for all of our residents.
Salary: £12.60 per hour
Working Hours: Full time, Permanent. 07:30-18:30 4 times per week including every other weekend
• When needed, co-ordinating the work of the kitchen brigade to ensure that food presentation is technically correct, and of outstanding quality
• To display exceptional leadership by providing a positive motivational work environment
• Comply with food safety and health and safety policies. Ensure that food safety paperwork is accurately completed and is compliant with food safety legislation
• Adhere to the local safeguarding policy and follow the Duty of Candour requirements
• Assist in the development of nutritious, well balanced 4 week cycle menus which reflect the Baycroft’s standard of using fresh, quality and seasonal produce and are within the budget set for the care facility
• Consult residents and clinical staff when developing menus ensuring that all dietary requirements are catered for
• Assist with the quarterly review of menus, in line with seasonal changes
• Prepare, cook and present meals attractively. The majority of the menu will be home cooked with minimal use of convenience foods
• To be willing to complete all duties including some food preparation, cooking, cleaning up and sometimes serving when needed
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
• Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate - essential
• Level 2 Health and Safety - essential
• Infection control – required
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) training - essential
• Preparation and Presentation of modified diets – required
• Awareness of wider COSHH legislation - essential
• Awareness of wider Food hygiene legislation – essential
• Awareness of allergies and intolerances
• Awareness of safeguarding
• Stock control and ordering
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £12.60 per hour
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rata’d depending on hours worked)
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.