LIFE Education Trust
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM1 2RR
Chief Executive Officer: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Tel: 01708 463 866
HEAD OF ESTATES
Salary: P04.35 - PO4.38 (£40,869 - £43,860)
Hours: Full time, 36 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
Required September 2021
Are you a Premises or Facilities Manager looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to work for a successful Multi Academy Trust?
LIFE is a multi-academy trust whose mission is to build great learning communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. Every member of the LIFE community is encouraged to champion a can do attitude, stimulate innovative thinking and embrace difference and individuality. We are devoted to supporting whole schools, from the pupils to the head teacher. Our schools retain their own values, traditions and distinctiveness but have also chosen to become part of something bigger and extremely exciting.
LIFE Education Trust seek to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Head of Estates to join our team in a busy working environment, previous experience in a similar role may be an advantage.
Working with the Chief Executive Officer and the Director of Operations, the post holder will lead on all Estate matters, managing premises, facilities, Health & Safety, contract management and capital works. The ideal candidate will be an effective leader, developing
and leading site staff as the trust grows; and be able to perform at a high level strategically and operationally.
What we can offer
- The opportunity to work for a Trust that is very progressive
- The chance to work in fantastic school communities set in beautiful grounds
- A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking staff
- Opportunities for professional development
What you can offer
- Ability to set high standards of maintenance of our schools
- Ability to construct long term maintenance plans over 5 -10 years
- Ability to communicate with Heads and Senior leaders regarding Premises issues and plans
- Ability to motivate and inspire site staff alongside line management skills
- Ability to manage budgets, both at school and project level
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills
- Ability to travel between schools within the Trust
- Ability to produce written documents for a wide audience
- A sense of humour
Please submit a copy of the Trust’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, CEO by 9am on Friday 21st May 2021. Suitable candidates will be interviewed w/c 24th May.
The Trust reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’. To find out why we are so proud of the Trust, visit our website: http://www.lifeeducationtrust.com or check us out on twitter @lifeedutrust
LIFE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.