We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Homelessness and Prevention team as a Support Assistant
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Assistant to join us in our Tower Hamlets based young people’s assessment service. Working as part of our close-knit team, you will provide support to our customers with a range of complex needs such as homelessness, mental health, and substance misuse.
- Location: Tower Hamlets
- Salary: £21,157.50 per annum (pro rata’d)
- Contract: 6 month FTC with the potential to be extended or become permanent
- Working hours: 37.5 hours/ week- shifts will include weekends and will range from 08:00-16:00, 15:00-23:00 and sleep-in’s
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with customers daily to build their trust and encourage them to take part in various activities within the service and wider community
- Link working with a caseload of customers.
- Working with customers to raise their awareness of local services and facilities to ensure they have access to training, education and work.
- Supporting customers to build on their independent living skills such as budgeting and cooking
- Collaborating with relevant community agencies to ensure customers receive appropriate advice and support.
- Ensuring that key performance targets are met and that all customer records are up to date.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with a range of needs in a support capacity
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on a 6-week rolling rota, which includes early shifts, late shifts, weekends and sleep-in shifts
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £21,157.50 per annum (pro rata’d)
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave (pro rata’d)
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Homelessness and Prevention team.