Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Team
Salary: SO2 £32,418 - £34, 209
Fixed Term Contract for up to 18 months
Enfield Leaving Care Team is offering an opportunity to join the Team as Personal Advisor on a full-time basis and on a fixed-term contract for 18 months.
This is a specialist team that supports young people, LAC and Care Leavers, from the age of 16 to prepare for leaving care and live independently successfully.
As a Personal Advisor you will be working with young people over the age of 18 who have been in the care of the Local Authority and present a wide range of needs. The main aim of the role is to support them in achieving their aspirations and securing the best possible outcomes for their futures. This can be challenging but also a rewarding experience.
You will be part of a diverse and dynamic Team committed to achieving good outcomes for our young people within a supportive and cooperative teamwork environment.
The successful candidate will be passionate about working with young people and will have experience in other settings such as homelessness, youth work, residential work or adult services.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date Midnight 11th May 2021
Interview date: TBA
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 020 8132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org . A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Luis Herrero on 0208 132 2411 or Zebba Malik on 0208 132 2864 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.