This is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing Team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward. Our Digital Services Team are changing in the way we deliver our service and are reflecting the new ways of working with the use of Digital, Data and Technology.
We are looking for a motivated, high performing Server and Cloud Engineer that wants to make a difference and can provide support to the team through a period of development and change, with an ultimate aim of operating slick and efficient processes, and projects whilst providing the best service to our customers, residents and businesses.
The Server and Cloud Engineer will report to the Server Lead within Digital Services and is responsible for delivering day to day operational service delivery of specific Council infrastructure or applications with or without the guidance and/or supervision of a more senior member of staff.
With exciting times ahead, we are reshaping the Digital Services Team and have created roles, to add value and to provide the best Service to our citizens.
The post offers a fantastic opportunity to manage several competing activities, predominantly operational, including decisions that could impact the delivery of the service to one or more service within the Council. If you want to make a difference to residents and businesses, as well as the organisation in Enfield, we would like to hear from you.
Permanent, Full Time contract
MM1 £38,946 - £49,818 pa
- Identify and escalate any budget risks
- Contribute to the overall quality of service delivered to internal users and clients.
- Ensures all the IT systems that support businesses to function efficiently.
- Manage deployment, maintenance, and upgrade paths of the infrastructure.
- Constructively challenge and take action with pace where there are performance shortfalls.
- Ensure that clear team and individual goals are in place and communicated.
- Implement service improvement plans to time and budget.
- Supervise a team of service support-focused staff, ensuring the customer receives a joined-up and reliable service.
- Support the relationship between the business, other and ICT in transparent way.
About you: we are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who can work collaboratively both within their own service and across other services and has a good understanding of change in a complex organisation.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- You can build a credible career whilst delivering value to the community and helping those in need.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverDigitalEnfield.co.uk
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - Midnight on Thursday 6th May 2021
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or email@example.com
No agencies please