Regulatory Support Adviser (Research)
Starting Salary: £31,054
Permanent, Full Time
Are you interested in joining an organisation playing a vital role in the democratic process? It has been a busy time at the Electoral Commission, with a number of significant electoral events having taken place recently. Now is a really exciting time to be joining The Electoral Commission and we have two roles in a new team delivering our support strategy to our regulated stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to join a new team and be part of strengthening the Commission’s work to better support its regulated stakeholders. The Regulatory Support Team is responsible for delivery of the regulatory Support Strategy. The Strategy is about listening and providing support in order to better meet the needs of the regulated community.
As part of this new team you will be responsible for undertaking research and building an evidence base to move the work of the team forward. This includes working towards a long term strategy to ensure the Commission continues to meet the needs of its stakeholders.
This is a new stream of work within the Commission and the role is an opportunity to ensure that we are really meeting the needs of our stakeholders, delivering transparency to voters and making compliance with the rules as easy as possible.
- Strong understanding of research methods (primary research and secondary research) and their appropriate application
- Experience using a range of research methods
- Proficient level of IT skills including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritise and organise workloads effectively
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving ability
- Good written skills, including experience of communicating using reports, papers, presentations, seminars
Working at the Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. We work to promote public confidence in the democratic process and to ensure its integrity.
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements (dependant on scheme rules).
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm, Friday 7th May 2021. Interviews will likely be held on the week commencing 17 May 2021.
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.