We are looking for an excellent KS2 teacher to join our dedicated and experienced team and lead a class of brilliant children in Upper Key Stage 2.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: September 2021
About the role
St. Andrew’s is a positive and progressive school and an exciting and rewarding place to work. We have a hardworking, friendly staff team who are united in the belief that we are all learning together. We are proud to be a Church of England school and our mission is, ‘To inspire a love of learning and live ‘life in all its fullness.’
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly- skilled teacher to join our team. As an excellent practitioner, you will share our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning.
This is an exciting opportunity for either a newly qualified teacher beginning their journey, or an experienced teacher looking to develop their career.
Our school constantly thrives to achieve the best for all children and the following six areas of special interest to us as a school:
- Designing a bespoke St. Andrew’s curriculum
- Creative subject leadership skills
- Personal and Spiritual Development
- Community Inclusion
- Maximising the impact of the environment on learning
- Nurture – enabling children and staff to flourish
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven record of excellent teaching that has an impact on pupil progress
- Be highly motivated and creative
- Be inspirational, very well organised with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- View teaching as a vocation and love their work
- Be a team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Be sympathetic and supportive of the Christian ethos
- Be an excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- Have high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all children
In return we will give you:
- The opportunity to shine and share your strengths with others
- Freedom to innovate
- Truly remarkable, highly motivated children
- A fun, friendly, supportive staff team and school community
- Inspiring outdoor learning spaces
- The latest technology in classrooms
- On-going professional development
- Excellent Teaching Assistants
- Excellent SEN support across the school
- An engaged, active community in the centre of a diverse, inclusive and vibrant city
We warmly welcome visits to the school. If you would like to make an appointment or have an informal discussion about the role with Sophie Thomas (headteacher), please contact the school office.
Email: email@example.com Telephone number: 01273 770082
Closing date: Friday 30th April
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd May
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Belfast Street, Hove, BN3 3YT, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 770082
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 32.4 hours per week or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.