We currently have the following vacancy at the Jeanne Saunders Centre
Part-Time Specialist Early Years Teacher – 0.53 FTE (All day Wednesday and Thursday, Friday AM)
Teacher Main Scale/UPS + SEN 1 Allowance (£2,270) pro rata
Start date: September 2021
Closing Date: April 23rd 2021
Interviews: Week commencing April 26th 2021
About the role
About the role
Come and teach somewhere special. Here at the Jeanne Saunders Centre we offer a unique and outstanding service where every child matters and each day counts. Described as ‘inspirational’ in our most recent OFSTED (March 2020) we offer high quality intensive education and assessment for young children in the year before they start Reception. We are an innovative and committed team who not only work closely with parents and a wider multi agency team to maximise each child’s potential but also work through partnership to support and plan for children’s next stage of learning.
We are looking for a part time teacher to join our experienced and dedicated team who is motivated by the challenge of supporting children with SEN/ D We would like to find someone who:
- Can respond sensitively to each child as an individual
- Loves working in Early Years with proven expertise in teaching and recent up to date experience of teaching either nursery and / or reception age children
- Is committed to working in partnership with parents
- Shows a sound knowledge of child development, particularly of early communication
- Has shown commitment and experience of supporting young children with SEN/D
- Has the insight and skill to reach and / or learn about a wide range of children’s needs.
- Experience in using MAKATON
- Can be a positive influence on the practice of others.
We can offer you:
- A fun, interesting and supportive working environment
- A rich and rewarding experience with varied continuing professional development in a role where you can learn and grow
- An experienced and committed team who share ideas, problem solve together and support one another
Visits are welcomed.
Please contact Anne Rhodda, on Brighton (01273) 294944/ 5, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jeanne Saunders Centre, 31 Palmeira Avenue, Hove BN3 3GD
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce..