Group Service Charge Accountant
Group Service Charge Accountant
Our Finance team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers and stakeholders.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-
profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Finance team as a Group Service Charge Accountant
Our Finance team play an important role in helping us to achieve our vision by supporting colleagues across the organisation to achieve the best value for money, pay for goods and services and understand complex financial information. Our finance specialists work across a number of teams including Corporate Finance, Financial Management and Procurement. Working collaboratively with colleagues we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Group Service Charge Accoutant. Your responsibilities will
The Finance Department processes transactions and report on all activity for One Housing Group Limited and all its subsidiaries. This role will sit within the Financial Performance & Reporting Team. The purpose of this role is to support the operational Service Charge Team to improve the service charge accounting processes at One Housing Group to increase recoverability whilst delivering VFM. One Housing Group use Blue Box (service charge software) and SUN financials. The post holder will:
• Review the service charge accounting on Blue Box and SUN to establish a reconciliation process which can then be implemented
• Implement a monthly surplus/deficit adjustment process to SUN financials
• Liaise closely with the operational Service Charge Team to set accurate budgets
• Liaise closely with the operational service charge team to calculate monthly surplus/deficit adjustments
• To provide technical expertise and guidance to operational staff on all aspects of service charges
• Load all approved budgets and forecasts in to the finance system
• Delivery of the Service Charge Accounts in accordance with the Finance Team’s timetable, policies, procedures and regulations
• Assist in the maintenance and improvement of all financial systems and policies
• Undertake other financial administration as required Ensure a monthly reconciliation between Blue Box and SUN financials
• Ensure all accounting entries are processed in an accurate and timely manner
• Ensure accurate monthly management accounts are produced in-line with agreed timeframes
• Ensure accurate service charge budgets are prepared and uploaded to the finance system
• Ensure sinking funds are accurate and up to date
• Prepare all financial information and reports
• Update management account forecasts in the finance system as required
• To prepare monthly adjustment journals Assist with the preparation of year-end statutory accounts and working papers within the agreed time scales in time for the annual external audit.
• Support the production of certificates for funders that are prepared and audited in accordance with the relevant authority’s request.
• Assist in the delivery of benchmarking data, contributing to the interpretation of the outcomes.
• Keep up to date with Financial Reporting Standards, SORPs, Inland Revenue and HCA requirements.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
What You Need To Succeed
Previous experience working as a Service Charge Accountant within a medium/large Housing Association
• Experience of working collaboratively across teams
• Recent experience of budgeting, forecasting and critically analysing outputs
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good excel knowledge
Full/Part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or CIPFA)
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all
• Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. (not for statutory employees)
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.