Learning Mentor Pastoral Support for September 2021
Do you have a passion for supporting children with additional learning needs and social, emotional and mental health? Are you keen to make a difference to the lives of children whilst building your experience and furthering your career in SEND and SEMH?
At Rushey Green we are looking for a Learning Mentor/Pastoral support to join us. We are a creative and caring school with high standards and the drive to keep on improving. We deliver on our ethos to ensure that every young person can thrive and achieve. Our aim is to educate the whole child in a healthy and balanced manner, developing the physical, emotional, and intellectual capacities of each child through an age-appropriate curriculum.
The successful applicant will support and complement both teachers and teaching assistants in ensuring children overcome barriers to their learning, both inside and outside of school. You will work as part of a strong and effective Inclusion Team to ensure progress and achievement for all children. The successful candidate will have previous experience in supporting at-risk children, children with additional needs and experience and understanding of children and mental health.
The school was judged as Good in a recent Ofsted inspection. We offer quality professional development to all members of staff.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 4.30pm. Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Term time only, pro rata (39 weeks year)
Salary Scale 6 range points: 18 - 20 (approx. £2,063 - £2,138 per month).
We can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- Children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Staff who are fully committed to raising standards and improving life chances for all children
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- Supportive Inclusion Team
- A successful, ambitious and vibrant place to work
- A Senior Leadership Team fully committed to developing others
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will:
- Share our commitment to achievement and high standards of behaviour in a safe, happy and inclusive environment
- Share our commitment to high levels of attainment for all children, particularly those with barriers to their learning and children with additional learning needs
- Develop and implement a range of strategies to motivate and engage all children, particularly those with barriers to their learning
- Be able to work effectively with parents and the wider community
- Have previous experience in supporting at-risk children, children with additional needs and experience and understanding of children and mental health.
- Be an enthusiastic, hardworking and creative team player.
Rushey Green Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We implement all elements of the safer recruitment process and all posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Friday 30^th April 2021 at 9am.
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 10^th May 2021
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Dates available: Friday 23^rd April, Monday 26^th April, Tuesday 27^th April.
Time available: 8am, 12noon, 4pm