St. Mary Magdalen’s is a lively, vibrant and successful Catholic Primary and Nursery School situated in the heart of Brighton city centre. The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, committed, enthusiastic and talented classroom practitioner to join our team in September 2021. Applicants will need to be able to teach within the 3-5 range and will be expected to have sound knowledge of the Early Years curriculum to demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning so that all children can achieve their full potential. The post will be for a part-time permanent teacher in Early Years.
CLOSING DATE: Midday Wednesday 12 May 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 24 May 2021
About the role
We are looking for someone who:
- Is sympathetic and supportive of the Catholic ethos (even if not Catholic);
- Has a full commitment to child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils;
- Can demonstrate excellent, effective professional practice with strong behaviour management skills;
- Is committed to raising standards and supporting school improvement;
- Can inspire learning through a creative and enriched curriculum within an outstanding environment;
- Has high expectations of all children;
- Can build excellent relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Has lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Has experience of working in the EYFS and be able to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment for all pupils.
We can offer:
- Wonderful children who love to learn;
- Supportive parents and carers;
- A welcoming school;
- A respectful, supportive and friendly team and working environment;
- High quality coaching and CPD;
- A committed Governing Body.
If you enjoy new challenges and wish to develop your teaching skills working in a school that aims to be the best we can, we would love to hear from you. Applications from practising Catholics are particularly welcome and visits to the school are encouraged. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
Visits to the school are highly recommended and welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01273 327533 to make an appointment or if you require further information.
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address: Spring Street, Brighton, BN1 3EF, Email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 327533
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.