Business Change Manager
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our IT team is friendly, and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each day.Join our I.T. Team as a Business Change Manager
Smooth-running, dependable systems are essential to any modern and flexible organisation. This is particularly so for One Housing. With our various departments, locations, and diverse services, our I.T. specialists encounter a broad range of changing requirements and fresh challenges.
We offer the opportunity to put your problem-solving skills and technical knowledge to fantastic use, in support of an organisation with a social purpose and strong values.
We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Business Change Manager. Your responsibilities will
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East.
We manage approximately 16,000 homes.
We work hard to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives by promoting aspiration, independence, and well-being through a range of training and support services. One Housing is currently part way through an ambitious transformation programme, One Future. Part of the transformation is the procurement and implementation of a new Asset and housing management systems in the Operations directorate.
The BCM (Business Change Manager) will play a key role in ensuring business transformation in projects/programmes meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage.
This role focuses on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures.
The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximise adoption and usage and minimise resistance.
The BCM will work to drive fast adoption, focussed on outcomes and embedding the change activities that will maximise the benefits of change.
The BCM will be a key role in helping One housing develop and establish change management strategies and best practice.
What you Need to Succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who.
demonstrates a friendly, positive demeanour.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
• Successfully delivered change in a business change management or organisational change
• Applying change management best practices, especially in cross-functional environments.
• Working knowledge of enabling technology within organisations through innovative and creative
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills, including active listening. Ability to clearly
articulate messages to a variety of audiences and influence across an organisation.
• Ability to drive through ambiguity to create a clear view of goals and delivery strategy.
• Working knowledge of benefits identification, planning and realisation through people.
• Experience of undertaking business change assessments and devising relevant change
• Team player able to work collaboratively and effectively with and through others, at all levels in an
• A good track record at a senior level of benefits realisation analysis and risk management
• Experience working closely with teams, middle and senior management, gaining credibility at all
• Experience of evaluating the impact of business process or system improvements in terms of
cultural change, Return on Investment, or benefits realisation.
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to provide.
authoritative advice, and engage, influence, and effectively negotiate with stakeholders. Ability to
guide decision-making and seek cooperation.
• Able to prepare a range of professional communication materials, including Steering Committee.
presentations and stakeholder communications and delivering effective presentations to diverse.
• Is passionate about business change, a ‘self-starter’, and engaging.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Proactive and motivated.
• Takes accountability for results.
• Willing to go the extra mile and drive activities through to successful completion.
Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience
• Previous experience in project management.
• Previous experience in implementing change initiatives.
• Clear understanding of lean principles.
• Experience in leading and motivating a team to of professionals to deliver specific, rapid outcomes.
• Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders under challenging circumstances, achieving.
high levels of stakeholder satisfaction through setting and meeting / exceeding realistic targets.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to
• Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. (not for statutory employees)
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
• About us
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.