Head of Maths (This post would not be suitable for an NQT)
Full time, from September 2021
MPS-UPS TLR 1c (12,409)
Are you a strong teacher who strives for excellence for all? Are you an excellent mathematician with a proven track record of gaining strong outcomes for pupils? We are looking for a qualified, passionate, effective and ambitious leader who is committed to raising standards of student performance through positively impacting on teaching and learning. We offer:
- an exciting and innovative place of working in an all-through learning community, graded, “Good” by Ofsted
- a dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- a caring and inclusive ethos where all are learners
- a school which has a supportive leadership team, Governors and Parents with high expectations of the school
- an induction process that is committed to ongoing professional development
- A fuller teaching timetable Monday to Thursday means a shorter working day on a Friday
We believe that we can transform the learning of generations of children by having the full range of children on one site led by staff and supported by a community who share common values, learning and curriculum aims, polices, and practices all under one roof. We are a cutting-edge learning community in the field of all-through education. This is a wonderfully rewarding role where the individual’s moral purpose will be intertwined with the school’s desire to see its pupils do well, once given the right support. We want our students to succeed, we want our students to see how they can contribute to the wider world. So, we are looking for an excellent practitioner, one who is committed to making a real difference to the lives of young people. We want our students, through your leadership, to see themselves as mathematicians. We want them to see maths as an integral part of their educational development.
Buxton School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from the school website www.buxtonschool.org.uk or hardcopies can be requested via e-mail from Stacey Bell, PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com. An application form must be completed in all cases. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 19th 2021 at 9am