Whybridge Infant School
Ford Lane, Rainham, RM13 7AR
Head Teacher: Miss S K Longhurst
6.25 hours per week (6 hours 15 mins), 38 weeks per year (term time)
Grade 1/2, Scale points 1-5
Actual Salary: £2,998 - £3,220 p.a.
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic person to help our pupils at lunchtime.
Daily duties will include arranging games and supervising playing, transitions between rooms/ areas of the playground, helping children to become self-sufficient diners by encouraging/ helping to open packets, use cutlery, display good table manners, engage with others confidently and appropriately clear away after themselves etc. and to assist with any other help they may need.
Additional duties may include first aid, personal care, setting out resources and tidying away, filling water jugs, sweeping floors, mopping spillages, wiping tables, mediating small disagreements between children, reporting concerns (including safeguarding), and liaising with other staff.
You will be a key role in modelling expected behaviour and standards, have a friendly disposition, good sense of humour, an ability to engage with children at different emotional levels and committed to maintaining high standards. We are seeking to appoint someone with a positive, flexible, can-do approach to work especially when supporting the needs of children.
The successful candidate will:
- Show experience of working with children at a young age and organising games and activities
- Demonstrate high standards and expectations for attitude, manners and behaviour
- Demonstrate working effectively within a team, under the direction of teachers and leaders
- Reference with examples their ability to engage positively with stakeholders, (e.g. pupils and other staff)
- Be flexible and adaptable to change, calm under pressure, able to think on their feet and use their initiative, with a common sense approach to a range of situations
- Be of a patient disposition, kind natured, well humoured, and with an even temperament that young children can relate to, find approachable and feel secure around
- Be motivated, passionate and reflective in their work with children
- Be willing/ able to move tables and chairs, bend to clean spillages, undertake mopping and sweeping of floors etc, with an appreciation/ understanding of health and safety measures
- Be willing to assist pupils with self-care/ personal care occasionally with an appreciation for safeguarding and health and safety measures
- Hold/ be willing to undertake up-to date first aid training (this would be courses outside of the core working hours – the additional hours will be paid)
We can provide:
- A small family-feel atmosphere
- A well-resourced, well-maintained environment
- Well behaved and engaging children
- Colleagues who are friendly, motivated, dedicated and collaborative
- Supportive management
- Free access to a professional 24/7 employee assistance programme (to support your wellbeing)
- Training for the role
- PPE and work clothing as necessary
- Pay, terms and conditions in line with national guidance, local government and union negotiated standards (including the lengthy school holidays at home)
- Occasional additional opportunities such as overtime, extra duties, training
- A school graded ‘good’ by Ofsted
Staff agree that this is an enjoyable school to work in and we look forward to receiving your application soon. Good luck!
Please visit the school website for full details on all the checks and vetting procedures we undertake on successful candidates before employing them:
whybridge.co.uk | staff & other adults | staff recruitment
Visits to the school at this time are not possible due to the current pandemic restrictions and risk assessments, however phone calls are warmly welcomed if you have questions about the role and we strongly recommend visiting the school website to find out more about us.
- Please apply using the online application form at jobs go public.
- CVs will not be accepted.
- We regret that we can only contact those applicants who will be granted an interview due to volume of applications. If you do not hear from us before the interview date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will most likely take place over zoom and you will need to have the facilities to be able to do this. More information can be found on the school website: whybridge.co.uk | staff & other adults | staff recruitment
Closing Date: 12:00 midday, Monday 19 April 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 22 April 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.