Required for September 2021
PAN: 210 Age Range 4-11
Imagine leading ‘The School at the Top of the World’ with sparkling sea views every day!
Following the retirement of the current Headteacher, the Governors of this welcoming and popular Catholic school, are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher. The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic, fully committed to developing and enriching the mission of our school: ‘Learning and Growing Together, Unique in God’s Eyes’.
They will have vision, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others, and a commitment to developing a learning community where everyone is empowered to achieve their personal best.
About the role
We are looking for someone special who:
- Is highly motivated with proven leadership skills and experience of successfully leading aspects of whole school improvement
- Is committed to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community including deanery, parish and local school cluster
- Has initiative, drive, integrity, a sense of humour and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a strategic thinker, with the vision to shape the future of the school.
We can offer you:
- A lovely bright, well-maintained and well-resourced school with spectacular sea views
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are full of great ideas
- A friendly and supportive school team – staff, parents and governors
- A school that has consistently been graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted (last Ofsted April 2019).
Visits to the school are encouraged; we have a strict Covid 19 Health & Safety plan in place. Please contact Mrs Joanne Levy, school business manager on 01273 607924 or by email: JoanneLevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk to arrange a visit and to request an application pack.
St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th April at 1pm
Shortlisting: Monday 19th April
Interviews: Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th April 2021
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Whitehawk Hill Road, Brighton, BN2 0AH, email: Joannelevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk
School Office: (01273) 607924
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.