St James’ C of E Junior School are seeking to appoint a hardworking, reliable and conscientious Site Supervisor to join our team. Previous experience in a school environment is essential. The overall aim of the School Caretaker role is to ensure that the internal and external school facilities are available, fully functional and Health & Safety compliant.
The role will include key-holding duties, security and maintenance of the school buildings and site, health and safety checks, cleaning checks etc. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the school is prepared at the end of the day, ready for school the following morning.
An element of out of hours’ work might be required from time to time for events taking place beyond the normal school day.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carrying our security procedures for school buildings and grounds, including opening and closing of the premises and key-holding duties.
- Carry out statutory testing to water systems, fire alarms, etc
- Regular checking the proper operation and function of fire and security equipment ensuring emergency exits are not obstructed.
- General maintenance duties around the school and its grounds including cleaning and repair work.
- Liaising with outside contractors effectively.
- Regular monitoring in relation to the daily health and safety checks around the school premises.
- Beinging proactive in your approach.
- Supervision of a small team of cleaners.
- Move furniture and equipment as required.
- Competently and safely carry out a range of everyday DIY tasks.
- Safely use basic power tools and other equipment to make minor repairs and improvements.
- An understanding of different cleaning methods.
- Maintain adequate supplies of site maintenance and cleaning materials.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and unexpected events in a calm, safe and systematic manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a reasonable standard.
- Understanding to take further training, where necessary, and apply it to current position.
- Accepting and storing of deliveries in a safe and secure manner.
- You must be adaptable and flexible in your approach, whilst working within the school community.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and professional team.
- A pleasant working environment.
- Opportunities for development.
St James’ is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils and employees. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Sunday, 18th April 2021 at 10pm
Interviews: Week beginning 26th April 2021