We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Director of Asset Management to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, 12-month fixed-term contract in return for a competitive salary of £95,000 - £100,000 per annum.
About the Assistant Director of Asset Management role:
The Customer Services directorate are responsible for the management and maintenance of 55k homes and 111k customers with a clear aspiration and commitment to transform our services. The definition and delivery of a clear asset strategy together with a data and analytical approach will be critical to the effective management of our assets ensuring we are delivering a reliable service to our customers.
Key to this role is delivering the large scale capital improvement works to our assets including fire cladding remediation and providing technical support to other client departments, and delivering internal and external investment programmes to ensure our customers’ homes are safe and decent.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Director of Asset Management:
- Developing and delivering the key asset management strategies for the Peabody Group
- Undertaking strategic Asset Performance Evaluation (APE), using data analysis and insight to target and priorities capital expenditure
- Leading on ensuring Peabody’s property asset data is accurate and well maintained, implementing processes for the capture, maintenance and reconciliation of key data sets
- Leading on the delivery of the capital investment programme (£50m)
- Leading on the delivery of the large scale Fire remediation and cladding programmes
- Developing, planning and delivering investment programmes
- Leading on the strategic asset management planning process
- Delivering the Group’s stock condition programme and using this data to plan the Group’s investment programmes
- Developing reports and data relating to strategic asset management performance and investment performance
- Developing and delivering the Group open spaces strategy
- Monitoring the capital budget ensuring that it is regularly tracked and monitored
- Developing and monitoring the Group’s repairs and maintenance standards and specifications
- Producing, implementing and reviewing key asset management policies, procedures and processes, ensuring they reflect best practice
- Managing all aspects of the Asset Management Team
- Working closely with the Development team to support with the implementation of stock to the Group’s portfolio
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Director of Asset Management:
- Extensive management experience at a senior level
- Experience in managing large Asset Management portfolios
- Experience in leading and delivering strategic asset management projects
- Experience of strategic and business planning, including assessing options and actions based on trends and data to help support delivery of organisational objectives
- Technical expertise in the design and construction of buildings, ability to critically appraise advice from specialist technical advisors
- Extensive experience in tracking and monitoring asset performance
- Excellent Stakeholder management
- Background in programming and planning capital investment programmes for internal, external and complex M&E programmes
- Experience in developing asset options appraisal and cost-benefit analysis
- Strong data analytical skills
- Extensive report writing skills, writing reports up to Chief Executive level
- Experience in leading and developing policies to drive service improvement and value for money
- Background in repairs, asset management or contract management
- Experience in managing people, including mentoring and coaching
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Closing date: Thursday 25th February 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Director of Asset Management, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST