We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed team leader for the day to day delivery of electoral services. You will have gained or be willing to work towards the AEA Certificate of Electoral Administration. You must be able to work flexibly, as during election periods you will be expected to work additional hours including evenings and weekends.
You will be a confident proactive individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail. You must be able to demonstrate:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to carry our research and to collect, collate and present information to a high standard of accuracy and presentation, even when under pressure.
Diplomatic and tactful, with excellent customer services skills and able to deal with sensitive and highly charged political situations.
Ability to competently use computerised record systems including Microsoft Word and Excel and email systems. Can identify and evaluate how IT can improve the delivery of support services.
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to set and work to deadlines and to prioritise workload, both as an individual and as an effective manager.
A thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation and of the issues facing electoral administration.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
In addition to the salary above there are likely to be additional fee payments at election time.
It is an incredibly exciting time to be joining Electoral Services. We are a large borough with approximately 221,000 registered electors. We are working towards the GLA election in May, with the Enfield Council elections in May 2022 and the ever-present possibility of unscheduled elections. National modernisation of the annual household canvass provides an opportunity to maximise data sharing with other council departments and digital options.
If you want to be part of a team which is focussed on providing excellent Customer Service as well as maintaining Electoral Integrity, you couldn’t be in a better place and we welcome your application.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.This is a politically restricted post.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59pm Thursday 25th February 2021
Interviews on a date to be confirmed.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.email@example.com