Maintenance officer at Central Depot (Folkestone Road, E6)
Salary: £25,137- £26,520
The post holder must be flexible and work across both council sites working 5 days a week covering Monday to Saturday and flexible to work the occasional Sunday.
You will be joining a high performing team at Folkestone Road Depot, which is committed to ensuring that the depot is compliant and well maintained. The primary purpose of this role will be to support the Senior Facilities officer with reactive repairs and maintenance and conduct health and safety tests and inspections. The key responsibilities of this post are to:
· Assist the Senior Facilities officer in undertaking reactive repairs and preventative maintenance.
· Grounds maintenance.
· Supervise contractors to ensure they are working safely on site and jobs are completed satisfactorily.
· Conduct site inspections in order to proactively identify issues and faults and ensure that the site is health and safety compliant and fit for purpose.
· Conduct weekly and monthly tests on fire equipment, generators, etc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Building Services team in the Asset Management section within OneSource, delivering a range of FM services at the London Borough of Newham Central Depot at Folkestone Road.
Asset Management is responsible for ensuring our corporate buildings are maintained to a high standard and that our customers and staff use and access buildings that are fully operational.
OneSource provides shared back office support services for Havering, Newham and Bexley Councils across a range of transactional, operational and strategic services. The Directorate of Asset Management within oneSource includes a Facilities Management Team responsible for the corporate estate.
The Team is based within the London Borough of Newham. Newham is a unique and vibrant place to work. The borough is one of the most diverse places in the world, and has the youngest population in the country. The council is working to transform the lives of local people with a focus on building the resilience of residents, our community and the local economy. Through this agenda we are aiming to close the gap in life chances between our residents and those in more affluent parts of the Capital.
· As the post holder will be undertaking in-house repairs, you will have sound experience in general building maintenance and possess skills in plumbing, carpentry and general building repairs.
· You must have a knowledge of health and safety in relation to premises management.
· Be able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
· You will be organised and be able to prioritise your work in order to meet conflicting demands.
· As this is a customer facing role, you will need to consider the needs of service users and respond to requests in a supportive and professional manner.
· You will have good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· A can-do approach and a willingness to learn and develop new skills. The post holder will be expected to undertake mandatory health and safety training.
· Please note this post is physically demanding, thus the post holder will require a reasonable level of fitness.
How to apply: Please ensure you read the job description and person specification thoroughly and demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post in your application. Please note, a CV is not sufficient to enable us to shortlist applications. However, candidates may include a full CV with their application form. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy please contact Michael Prescott on 020 3373 4706 or email Michael.email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 5.00 p.m. on 26th February 2021
Please view Maintenance Officer JD
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.