Little Stars Daycare
Required – April 2021
Star Primary School is a Rights Respecting School situated in the London Borough of Newham, catering for children aged 3 to 11 years. Star Primary School are opening a brand new day-care provision for ‘’Little Stars’’ aged 0 to 3 years. The Little Stars Day Care provision will predominantly cater for staff children from Star Primary and neighbouring Newham schools; offering local professionals a day-care setting that caters for the needs educational staff as well as meeting the needs of professional parents in the local community.
This day-care provision will offer a setting that promotes independence, curiosity, problem solving and a passion for learning in line with our current EYFS curriculum.
Our Head Teacher and Governors are looking to appoint a professional, dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic day-care Manager to join the Star community.
Here at Star, we pride ourselves on being committed, supportive and welcoming. This in turn creates a learning environment, which is safe, secure and stimulating for our children. We take great pride in our school and we require a person who will also show pride, determination, forward thinking and crucially be able to work relying heavily on their own initiative.
This position would suit a person who can work to a high standard and have the ability to work unsupervised and at management level to use their own leadership skills to develop and maintain a successful day care provision.
We will welcome applications from candidates with relevant field experience and a full induction will be provided.
The person appointed will be responsible for:
- The day to day running and performance of the day-care provision and the staff within it, ensuring that they are performing to the highest standards.
- The role of Designated safeguarding lead, whilst ensuring the safeguarding of children is a priority at all times.
- Always ensure that ratio and requirements are met in line with the EYFS statutory guidance.
- Developing relationships with families within the day-care community of the setting to create a trusting rapport and be able to manage parental complaints or concerns in an efficient timely manner.
- Ensuring SEND needs are identified early and are met with respect, care and professionalism.
- Promoting our standards of excellence in every part of your role.
- Monitoring the day-care planning, observation and assessment procedures.
- Managing your team by organising training/meetings to keep all practitioners up to date on any changes in legislation and government requirements.
- Ensure that the day-care provision receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted.
- Ensure that the setting is clean and welcoming with appropriate well-kept educational resources.
- To ensure that the day to day management of the day-care provision is safe, professional and organised.
- Ensure that all legal and Health and safety requirements are adhered to, including staff/child ratios, risk assessments and fire evacuation procedures.
- Ensure that all staff are providing challenging and engaging activities for all children at their developmental level
- To maintain appraisals and management of the team by ensuring they are kept motivated through training, CPD and feedback.
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- NNEB or BTEC NAT DIP or CACHE DIP in Childcare or NVQ Level 3-4 or SVQ held for at least 3 years.
- Degree or leadership management qualification (Desirable)
- At least 4 years occupational experience within a Nursery environment.
- At least 1 years previous experience as a Nursery Manager / Assistant Nursery Manager
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above.
- 2 satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are welcomed and they will be scheduled in line with COVID safety measures.
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2021
Interviews: W/B 8th March 2021
This will involve a written and practical task within our early years setting plus an interview for candidates who have been successful in the task stages.
An Equal Opportunities Employer
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.