The post is career-grade and the appointment will be made at the level which reflects the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
This may be made at grade:
MM1 (38,496 - £49,818) or MM2 (£48,078 - £61,497) depending on experience.
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
This is a part-time post 18 hours a week over 2 ½ days but willing to consider 2 days.
Enfield Legal Services is a friendly and progressive team focussed on delivering our clients’ objectives.
We are looking for a Safeguarding Lawyer who may be a solicitor, barrister, Legal Executive or equivalent, specialising in care proceedings, who can make a significant contribution to Legal Services and the Council, who is a team player and can demonstrate self-motivation and flexibility. The ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines is essential for this role, as is a willingness to undertake advocacy on behalf of the Council. The role will sometimes require working outside normal office hours and cross working with other teams within the department. Knowledge of computers and relevant office packages is required.
The post is a career grade post and appointment may be made at grade MM1 or MM2 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will have a case load of care proceedings and other matters relating to child protection, as well as the opportunity to take on some of the other work of the team which involves Adult Safeguarding, Court of Protection, Mental Capacity, Homelessness, Community Care and Education. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake advocacy in childcare matters.
Experience in Local Government would be an advantage.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 4th February 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Rita Hammond 020 81321349 or an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.